Monday, March 17, 2014

A Very Wee Bit O'Irish...


Happy Monday everyone and Happy St. Patrick's Day.
 It is time to start the week. 
On this day, I always think of my great-grandmother - Alyce Friedman. 


Growing up, she always told a story of her Irish mother, Kathryn, met her father...an German milkman. The story was romantic. 
My great-grandmother also collected Belleek - she had a nice collection which I inherited after she past away. The frame above, which holds her photo, is 1 piece from the large collection I have.
Throughout my life, I always felt that I had some green Irish blood coursing through my veins...however, several years after she left us, my grandmother spoiled the dream when she said that Kathryn lived in the states. Oh, well, I can still dream, can't I?  :) 
At least there is a little bit of Irish in us all today.


Have a great day!
Until next time, take care and remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

No comments: