Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring

Well thank you all for your welcoming back comments. I have truly missed you all and feel blessed that you haven't deserted me :) It is fun going through everyone's blogs as I catch up to your lives and your stitching projects. You all are just as busy as I am. How do we all do it? Have you ever stopped and asked yourself that question?

Anyway, as promised here is what I have been stitching the last few weeks as my stitching mojo has kicked it (and I have found more time in the evenings since we are sans hockey). I have started a little project that I have found in this book...
While waiting for my older son, Robert, to finish his track practice I wondered around the nearest JoAnn Fabrics and found this X-Stitching book. Normally I try not to purchase such books as I have enough stash...but, I just couldn't help myself. I guess I should have given up stash for lent or something. Anyway, as I paged through the book I found the neatest patterns that had owls.

Why Owls you might ask...well, the coming of April signifies the one year of my grandmother's passing. This year without having my grandmother to call weekly has been difficult - many times since last April I find myself with a funny story, a life situation, a need for grandma-ly advice...and she hasn't been there. Or at least not on the other end of the phone. I do find myself thinking about her and talking to her in my mind...and my heart. Anyway, I know that it has also been difficult for my sisters and my mother. Well...the owls...

So in this book are several patterns that have owls that I thought I would stitch. Here is one that I just finished last night:
The colors are definitely bright, cheery and spring-like, don't you think? I thought I would try to stitch a few of these and finish them as little pillows or ornaments and send them to my sisters and mother. Cross your fingers, in hope that I can get them done before mid-April :)

Well, until next time...take care and remember -
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving;
make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!
Amanda Bradley



3 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet stitching..
Happy spring dear x

Angela said...

Such a cute finish :)

Angela said...

450 eadyntha