Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Good Morning

There is just something about the mornings - being able to get outside - being able to go for a nice jog/walk - enjoying the fresh air - listing to the chattering of the birds or the chirping of the flock of turkeys on the hills - witnessing the opening of the California Poppies as they greet the sunshine...
This is MY time of the day.

And then I come home...to the "to do" lists and the tasks. Oh, well, that is why I cannot take my mornings for granted :)

This morning, after MY time...I got the Mac-n-Cheese made for my older son's track teams pasta feed. This is a tradition with his high school track team, to sit down together the night before a meet and enjoy a pasta meal together. Typically the "potluck" list includes pasta w/white sauce, pasta w/red sauce without meat, pasta w/red sauce with meat, bread, salad and water. Well, last week I decided to participate and make Mac-n-Cheese. It sounded like it was a tremendous hit - this week I decided to make the same thing; although instead of macaroni noodles I chose the shell ones to jazz it up a bit :)

Six boxes should feed at least 15 boys...

Until next time...take care and remember,

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

No comments: