Monday, October 4, 2010

Good news on a Monday evening

My Friendship RR has made it back to the US from The Netherlands. Remember the Friendship Sampler RR? The round robin started February 15, 2009...which I had to start over and re-introduce another in July of 2009? Well, I had thought it might have been lost again for many of the women who participated in this group had received theirs back months ago...it was a round robin that should have been completed by the first of the year that seemed to go on and on and on; basically because life tends to get in the way of the best made plans. But anyway, tonight I received an email from Danielle who received it this afternoon...and there are only 1-2 more women after her to stitch their heart on it. So, it should be home before the holidays...right? My fingers are crossed - and toes too :)

Well, it is Monday evening and I did promise you a status photo of The Family Sampler...so, here it is:
Yes, I was able to make it up to the house, getting in all the windows...a little bit of the greenery...a start on the lamp posts...and some of the walls. It is coming along. This is such a fun project to stitch. As I stitched the date, I thought that this would be a wonderful anniversary present to DH and I for next April we will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary. I know that is still 6 months away...so that gives me plenty of time to get this stitched and framed :)

Today I worked on getting things ready for our upcoming trip for the boys' hockey tournament. It is one thing trying to get one's family ready to travel, but it is another to make sure that all the "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed for a whole hockey team of 14 year olds - - - but as a team manager, something that I have done for the last 7 years, I pretty much have this down to a science. Although, preparation for each travel tournament typically brings with it some sort of challenge or stressfull moment. Like not having an "official" signed roster or purchasing last minute tickets to a team event or worrying about making the plane flight home when the championship game is planned late Sunday afternoon (guess we will tackle that one when and if it occurs). Never a dull moment. I do plan to bring my camera and a laptop so that I can blog over the weekend....oh, but this is just Monday. I guess I still have some days to organize and pack.

Well, since I am just a rambling on, I will end this post for today. I hope your week has started out on a good note...like mine...and will continue to go well. Just remember...
Take a deep breathe,
Decide to enjoy life,
And cross a few X's!
Lisa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i can't wait to start the sampler for my parents now that they have more wall space in their new house...one more to add to the to do list

CalamityJr said...

Great progress on your family sampler - keep up the good work!

valerie said...

Great job on the family sampler so far! I think it would be great to commemorate your 20th anniversary with that finish and framing!

Unknown said...

Your sampler is coming along really well!! In April we will be celebrating 43 years of marriage - that just sounds scary - LOL

Carolyn NC said...

So glad you've heard back about your RR! Love the new sampler you're stitching, too!

Carolyn NC said...

So glad you've heard back about your RR! Love the new sampler, too. :)

Blu said...

Great progress on the sampler!

Melissa said...

Your sampler progress is great. I can't wait to see the next update picture! It would tire me out to even think about the planning for the hockey tournament.