Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Did you know that Halloween is right around the corner?

Ugh...where did this month go? When did Halloween get so close? I am getting to the point where I think I can pull my head up out of the sand and see the light, but the month is quickly disappearing.

All of the paperwork to buy and transfer *The Business* we are buying was completed on Monday with some last minute things to be chased down yesterday - that is what DH's job was yesterday. There are still a few minor credit apps and forms to complete and fax, but considering all the papers we have printed, copied, faxed, scanned and overnighted, the last few arn't bad. While all the paperwork seems to be done, we don't "officially" take over until November 1...however, DH will be going to training for the first 2 weeks of November so the previous owner will stay in the store to make sure that everything runs smoothly and status quo. After I get off from my job, during those first two weeks I might try and get over to the store and shadow the previous owner so that I can have a little idea how things are run. But I think that I will have my hands full between all the current projects at my job and dealing with the kids without DH at home!

Speaking of kids...I am putting the finishing touches on the details for Robert's hockey team's trip to Canada, which is next month. All the airline reservations for 24 people have been made and paid for (yahoo), so now I am just finishing up with the bus rental contract and the 2 hotels they will be staying at. When this trip is planned, I think that I will be ready for my hockey trip with Matthew, which is in November. I will be going with him to Phoenix, Arizona. And when we are all back...it will be the week of Thanksgiving...no school, no hockey...just home. I would normally add the word "relaxing" but I think with *The Business* and the website project at my job, life will be busy. Yet, I am sure that we will find to time relax on the holiday of Thanksgiving!

So, looking at all of the action in this household, I guess it is no wonder that the month has slipped by. Tonight I have to get a pumpkin and carve it. We are having a pumpkin carving contest at work and the contest is tomorrow...not sure about this project. Any ideas out there?

Well, I have been rambling on and on and on...and with no mention of stitching, I should probably just tell you I have been too busy to wip out the thread and needle and conclude this post. I hope all of you are having a good week. Take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often
Lisa

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Being the mom of three boys in baseball I know how crazy things can be - and we do not have the amount and extent of travel that you do. I am amazed at all you handle!!

Here's to Thanksgiving and some time to just breathe - and hopefully, put some needle to thread.

CalamityJr said...

I'm probably too late, but I say in the Better Homes and Garden holiday baking magazine that they have a website with cat stencils for pumpkin carving - BHG.com/catstencils

If you don't want a cat, just do a search for pumpkin carving stencils and I'll bet you find many to choose from! Good luck with your contest!