Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stitching Udate - Finishing and pondering new project

Friendship Sampler RR
I put the finishing touches on Donna's Friendship Sampler RR (aka "Lisa" and "CA") and will be putting it in the mail to Karen sometime today. I assume that the post office will be busy with all the last minute people mailing their taxes...so I might just skip the post office and go to one of the UPS stores - but bottomline, I plan to get it in the mail today.
Donna's RR was done on 40 count linen. For some reason, I found this challenging. I don't think that it was the 40 count that was giving me fits, though. I think that I have grown use to stitching on even weave and the uneven linen was challenging. However, as each of the RRs travel here, I have enjoyed stitching on different fabrics and using different floss & color schemes. I am looking forward to the next one!

Wish, Dream, Hope, Believe Project

Well, I finished this project too (sorry for the blurry, dark photo...my camera is acting up). I enjoyed stitching 1 over 1 with varigated DMC and love the way that the design turned out. Last night at 9pm, it was all "finished" as a pin keep with some fun floss/ribbon attached with pins around the border. But I hated the way it looked, so I ripped it apart at 10pm (while I was laying in bed pouting. DH thought I might have reacted a little hasty). So, right now I have left it stitched on three sides to a blue backing fabric with a square piece of form core inserted inbetween. I still need to close up the bottom, when I determine how I will really finishing this piece. Finishing is really not my strength. I either put the finish pieces in a pile, get them framed or, if they are big enough, hang them on pant hangers until I figure out what to do with them.

New Project

Well, it is that time of the year...spring time...and about 3 weeks before teacher appreciation. As room parent, this is one of the events that I really enjoy organizing. For over 10 years, the project that I initiate is a teacher "Thank You" book. I send home an 8x10 piece of paper where the kids can write a thank you note or poem on 1/2 of the paper and then either attach a photo and/or draw a picture. These are collected laminated and bound in a book. The cover of the book, I typically attach a cross-stitch piece I stitch - it is usually the Lizzie Kate school design or a Sekas Teacher Heart. So, today I need to find all the teacher/school patterns I have in my stash to determine which one I am going to stitch for Matthew's teacher and then gather all the materials.

Spring Break - Day 3
This morning, Robert (older son) got up around 7 and we went out for a morning walk/jog to the school track where he ran again and I walked/jogged with the dog. Last night, a cool front moved in with high winds and some rain; so this morning the cool temps created a layer of frost on the grassy areas. It was a beautiful crisp Norther California morning to be out. Now, back from the morning activity, I am getting my morning spin on the stationary bike while the boys are vegging and/or working on school projects. This afternoon's activity will be to go out and get Robert new track shoes and both boys new everyday tennis shoes. If everyone is still in good spirits we might even get the haircuts out of the way.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Thank you for dropping by and reading my blog. Remember to Live, Love, Laugh and stitch often! Lisa


No comments: