Saturday, July 20, 2013

A stitch and a run

Wow, it has been awhile since I have posted. Yes, I have been a little busy. It seems that the boys' hockey summer camps and our stores have been keeping all of us on the go. If I am not dipping strawberries and other yummy fruits into chocolate, I am driving down to the hockey rink. Oh, well, guess it just means that life is good and all is well...right?

However I have found some time recently to do a few of my favorite things: Stitching and Running.

Ok, I'll start out with the stitching. I have started LHN's "Sampler Months - March".
LHN "Sampler Months - March"
Sorry about the pathetic photo. I am sitting at the rink as I type this and I needed a status photo for the post. Once I get the border of this month done, the inside should go pretty quick. For the design inside has nice "big" areas of stitching, which make it go fast :)

On the running side of my life...I wasn't able to get in any miles the beginning of last week because DH was out of town and I had to be at the stores. But as soon as he got home, I was able to get outside and get in some miles. I got the running bug several years ago when my older son started to participate on his high school track team (when he was a freshman). He runs every spring - it is a great way to get involved in school sports and to keep in shape when the hockey season is over.

Anyway, I had an awesome run today. I did a total of 15.1 miles. 12 of those miles I ran consecutively...meaning I didn't walk. However, as soon as my iPhone app told me I made it to 12, I needed to do a little walking. I was getting sore.
"Happy Dance"...12 miles in less than 2 hours. It's been a long time since I have made it this far without walking. 
My total mileage...15.18 miles in a little over 2.5 hours. Yahoo! 
 Not too shabby for an old lady :)

Well, time to sign off and pick up the needle! I have 1hour and 20 minutes to get in some stitching.

Until next time, remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

2 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Great stitching and running! My daughter has taken up running and I'm amazed at the dedication you both have. Your stitching is gorgeous. I'm finding I like "series" designs stitched as one piece more and more. Hope you're enjoying your hour and 20 minutes!

cucki said...

Sweet stitching..I love it xx
Superb running ..big hugs x