Sunday, May 15, 2011

The middle

Mid-way through May...hard to believe. So busy. Wishing that life would just stand still for a while; not really looking for that 25th or 26th hour in a day, for the fear that it, too, would be scheduled or used for something besides what I would like to do. I knew that May would be busy - boys are finishing up with school, school track team but adding a spring hockey clinic; *The Business* successfully made it through Mother's Day but focus needs to switch to getting store #2 ready for opening mid-June; organization of the trade show for my other job is just about complete but I will need to travel for a few days to make sure that it is all set up correctly.

I have been able to find a little time...or should I say: "I have been able to 'make' time"...to get in exercise and to stitch. Two things that are important to my health - mental, emotional and physical health.
The blurry photo is a new start I have made this week (couldn't get a good shot of it this morning, I do apologize). While it looks like grass, it will eventually be the top of a pineapple. I was surfing through all my "freebies" and saw this, which made me think of one of our wonderful employees who cuts the pineapple and basically puts the beginning touches to all the arrangements.
However as I start this, I remember that I do need to get back to the ornament for the swap that is due in the mail at the end of the month. If I remember correctly, I did get a good start on it last month; probably just need to put a few more stitches in it and then finish it off. Mmmm, let's see I could probably fit it in this week.

Actually tomorrow looks promising...Robert (older son) doesn't have anything after school for he is done with school track now...and Matthew (younger son) just has track, but I don't need to take him anywhere or for the most part pick him up because the school is close to the house. Sorry...just brainstorming.

If it is time to go off topic...I do have to say that it looks like it will be a beautiful day here. The weather stations have been threating clouds, cool weather, rain, thunderstorms and snow up in the Sierras near Tahoe all weekend. But I think that we snuck away without any of that weather getting in the way of our weekend. I see the bright sun coming up over the hills and hitting the tree out my window like a spot light. The blue of the sky is vivid without any clouds over head. Hopefully I will find time to get out and enjoy it.

I hope that you find time to enjoy life - whether it is indoors with stitching in hand, at the dinner table with your loved ones our outdoors enjoying nature. Take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa 

No comments: