Monday, June 3, 2013

And Monday arrives, yet again - but with a little show & tell for you!

Well, happy Monday! While the weekend was somewhat busy with one hockey related activity and a little business activity, I did find time to sit my behind down on the couch and put in some "X's" in January of the Monthly Sampler project I am working on. I am just about finished with this month - just need to stitch the work "January" between the snow banks and add a little light green confetti stitching to the borders.
Monthly Sampler - January by LHN
I am itching to start "February"...so I don't know if I have the patience to do the confetti stitching...maybe I will do that after "February" is complete...and before I move onto "March/April". Hmmm.

This is the perfect project to keep in my travelling bag (everyone always wants to know why I carry such a large bag and/or backpack...answer: "I am always ready to jump on a plane for hockey travel or just ready to sit at the hockey rink") for it consist of several small samplers, which are typically fun to stitch and quick.

Speaking of travelling...I will be taking the red-eye tomorrow evening with Robert, my older son. He received an invite to the main/tryout camp of the USHL Jr Team - Dubuque Fighting Saints. We will be taking the 11:45pm flight from here Tuesday evening and landing in Dubuque, Iowa at 9am Wednesday morning. Anyone know of a stitching store in Dubuque? :)

This is an exciting step for Robert, even though it doesn't come at a great time...he will be missing 3 days of school during the week right before finals. Both my boys don't get out of school until June 13/14. For Matthew (younger son),  he won't have much instruction or finals these last weeks, for as an 8th grader much of the time will be spent celebrating the end of middle school...however, Robert will be missing some final instructions while in Iowa before his finals next Tuesday-Thursday. Oh, well, his teachers have been very supportive of his hockey activities and have helped to make sure that he gets the information needed and time to make up the work he misses. So all is good.

Hope all is well and I thank you for visiting today. Take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

3 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet stitching x

Penny said...

Your monthly project is looking pretty! Congratulations to your son!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

February....looking great!
CONGRATS! To Robert ;)